I can't believe the month is already over! February is always a quick month but this one felt faster than usual. I had a fabulous month, though, and I think next month and definitely April are going to be even better, which is exciting. I made a lot of travel plans and did a lot of bookings, so look out for many (many!) photos on my Instagram soon!
3 Things About My Life This Month
1. I went to Prague! And Bratislava! I spent a weekend in Prague, Czech Republic with my (now) roommates and it was wonderful. It was quite cold but the city was stunning. I also visited Bratislava, Slovakia this month, sort of as a spontaneous day trip. It was a city I didn't have a lot of expectations for but it was pleasantly lovely and our day was just beautiful! If you're ever in the region, don't hesitate to jump ahead and visit!
2. I switched apartments! Literally right after I came back from Prague, I switched to live with my two best friends, so it was slightly stressful to pack up and unpack again, but it was so worth it! I love the apartment but mostly I just love my roommates. After my rough transition into Budapest, I didn't expect to find such close friends so soon but I feel confident I've found life-long friends which is amazing.
3. The month has been LIT. I've basically spent this month alternating between attending math classes, solving problem sets, and finding a squad. Budapest is a city with tons of nightlife so my weekends have been full of excitement, brunch, and other sight-seeing activities but I've also been hard at work. I love working hard and playing hard so I've had a realllyyy good month. (A little low on the reading, but high on everything else.)
Top Books This Month
First of all, it's sad that I read such few books (and such few good books) this month that I don't even have a top three for you all. But, I really loved both of these adult reads and, hopefully, will be writing about them soon. In the meantime, however, I highly recommend them both.
Most Popular Post
I'm always thrilled when these posts are a hit! They're some of my favorite to write so I'm glad that they're also some of your favorite to read. :)
Post I Wish Got a Little More Love
I loved this book when I read it last year and I want more people to pick it up because it's absolutely fantastic! Definitely give this a try, even if historical fiction or 14 perspectives doesn't seem like your thing; Gyasi makes it work.
Obsession of the Month
Chimney Cake! This Hungarian street food is so, so good and I've been unable to resist buying all kinds of flavors and varieties this past month. RIP my wallet.
3 Things I'm Looking Forward to Next Month
1. Travelling to Poland! I'm off to Poland this weekend, Krakow to be specific, and I'm really excited! I've heard Krakow is a beautiful city and ever since I visited the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam last semester, I've wanted to visit Auchwitz, so I'm finally going to do that this weekend which I'm looking forward to. It's not going to be the easiest trip, but it's an important one.
2. Visiting my friend from high school in Copenhagen! One of my really good friends from high school is studying abroad in Copenhagen and we're doing a mini-reunion with another friend of mine from high school in Denmark this month and I am so, so excited! I've heard Copenhagen is a beautiful city and we're planning on renting bikes and exploring on wheel, so I'm really looking forward to this trip.
3. Going to Berlin with my roommates! We have midterms in March, which is a bummer, but we're celebrating by going to Berlin afterwards which I can't wait for! I've heard so much about this city and Germany is a country I've been wanting to visit for a long time. If you have any recommendations please let me know!
How was your February? Can you believe it's March already? Anyone have any exciting March plans?
Prague! Oh that looks beautiful! I also would love to go to Poland as well. I'll have to go on IG to check it out. I'm so behind on everything. :P Darn it, now pass the chimney cake. I need to know what that tastes like! LOLReplyDelete
Btw, I just saw a company who is taking the chimney cakes and putting soft serve ice cream in them. I knew what they were b/c of you! :D Darn, now I'm hungry!!!Delete
Omg I need chimney cake!ReplyDelete
I’m so happy to hear you’ve found new friends and was able to switch apartments so they are you roommates now. Sometimes people just click right away, and it’s so wonderful that you consider them as life-long friends. It sounds like you’ve had exiting and eventful month. I hope next month bring you amazing experiences and wonderful meetings. Hopefully midterms wouldn’t upset your plans.ReplyDelete
I have The Nightingale on my tbr-list for a long time; I just couldn’t bring myself to finally read such heartbreaking and emotional book. I love your monthly rewinds; it’s no surprise that it was the most popular post.
Chimney Cakes look absolutely delicious. I bet you would miss all European cuisine when you return home. Good luck with everything, Keertana!
Yay for Prague! Your picture is gorgeous, and brings back fond memories! I'm so jealous you're visiting all this wonderful areas, Keertana! I'll have to get back there soon, but not this year as home improvement projects are sucking up our extra funds. Glad to hear you've bonded with some good friends because that can make such a difference in your life.ReplyDelete
Wonderful post! :)
It really is crazy that it is already March and spring is just around the corner (thank goodness!). Congrats on all the places you went, lucky! It sounds and looks like so much fun!ReplyDelete
WOW! You've certainly been busy this month Keertana! That's amazing that you got to visit Prague - I've always wanted to go there. :) And have fun in Poland as well! <3 Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous recap!ReplyDelete
I would love to go to Prague - majorly jealous. And those Chimney cakes... they look amazing. Sounds like you had a fantastic month, although March sounds like its shaping up to be another great month of travel!ReplyDelete
Sounds like you had a great month. I'm glad you are now rooming with some good friends. Have a lovely traveling month in March! A blogger I follow has written about Poland a few times - specifically Krakow, so I hope you love it too! Visiting Auschwitz would be really hard, but I think it will be a very interesting trip. I really want to visit the Anne Frank House sometime soon, and just go to Amsteradam in general!ReplyDelete
Keertana your month sounds amazing! Can I come with you to visit all these amazing places? I'm sure that I will fit in your suitcase, I am really tiny! lol Prague is such a beautiful place, when I went it ended up being really cold, but we still enjoyed traipsing around everywhere. I'm glad that your move went well, its always great when you're able to hang out with friends when you're so far away from home! It looks like you will have a fun March too, I can't wait to see all the photos! :) Also that Chimney cake? I need some in my life!ReplyDelete
Hi Keertana! I'm so glad you had a lovely February! And that you're doing well and having a great time. I remember seeing your previous wrap-up post (was it January's?) and you seemed down. Things are looking up, it seems. :D Have the best time with your upcoming travels!ReplyDelete
Have a great weekend. =)
Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!
Visit Vashikaran Astrologer in Bidar.