Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#11)

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This meme highlights some of the books whose releases bloggers are most anticipating this year.

The book whose release I am most excited for this week is...

Title: Chantress
Author: Amy Butler Greenfield
Release Date: May 7th, 2013
Sing and the darkness will find you. Shipwrecked on an island seven years ago, Lucy has been warned she must never sing, or disaster will strike. But on All Hallows Eve, Lucy hears tantalizing music in the air. When she sings it, she unlocks a terrible secret: She is a Chantress, a spell-singer, brought to the island not by shipwreck but by a desperate enchantment gone wrong. Her song lands her back in England — and in mortal peril, for the kingdom lies in the cruel grasp of a powerful Lord Protector and his mind-reading hunters, the Shadowgrims. The Protector has killed all Chantresses, for they alone can destroy the Shadowgrims. Only Lucy has survived. In terrible danger, Lucy takes shelter with Nat, a spy who turns her heart upside-down. Nat has been working with his fellow scholars of the Invisible College to overthrow the Lord Protector, and they have long hoped to find a living Chantress to help them. But Lucy is completely untrained, and Nat deeply distrusts her magic. If Lucy cannot master the songspells, how long can she even stay alive? Beguiling and lyrical, dangerous and romantic, Chantress will capture readers in a spell they won’t want to break.
*hyperventilates* I know many of you will find this hard to believe, considering how many contemporary, paranormal, and dystopian novels I constantly read, but fantasy is my favorite genre. Ever. So, needless to say, I am extremely excited about this one. While I'm not a huge fan of the color pink, and the cover definitely has that in abundance, I think it's a beautiful and eye-catching cover that really pops out at you. Yet, even better is the fact that Lucy, the main character, seems to have unique abilities! I feel as if her gift is a combination of the mythology surrounding sirens and time travel - both which I love. Plus, a tyrannical leader who has killed off those with powers, a love interest who is also a spy, and a rebellion in the making? Gosh, can May 2013 come any sooner? I can't even express how excited I am about this so I hope it lives up to all my expectations and some ARCs start trickling in soon! :)

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? 
FYI - I'm at Six Flags with some friends today, so it'll take me awhile to get back to your posts. I will check them all out though, so please leave a link for me to visit! :D

27 comments:

  1. The cover is interesting, I like the pink but if I saw this I'd think paranormal not fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking paranormal at first too, Mandee, but I do like the cover overall! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good one to be waiting on, and the cover's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katja! I'm really excited for its release! :D

      Delete
  3. I'm not a fan of the colour pink either, but I love this cover! Doesn't this book sound amazing? I can't wait to get my hands on it! Brilliant WoW pick, Keertana. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! I think this book does sound absolutely brilliant and I really like the cover too! It's gorgeous!(:

      Delete
  4. May 2013!!!! You're killing me here Keertana! I'm now dying for this book and it's entirely your fault. *cries at the long wait ahead* This books sounds beyond awesome, fantasy is a genre that's been steadily growing on me and I can't wait to see what Lucy's story is all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I! I want 2013 to come already! SO many good books are releasing then! Aaah! Anyway, I'm glad you're interested in this one too now, Jenny! :)

      Delete
  5. I only had to see that cover to know I'll read this just as soon as I can. Wow. It is so gorgeous. I like fantasy too, but I sometimes struggle with getting into it at first. Like with Stormdamcer. I just ordered a copy of Tigana, though, we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous, isn't it? I've heard SO much about Tigana, so I hope it's good! I want to read it myself, so I'll be looking out for your review of it! :)

      Delete
  6. YES!!!! I havent heard of this book before but I love the sound of it! The power of singing, evil tyrant and a spy are definately my cup of tea too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad I introduced you to a new book, Rachel! I can't wait to read this one! :D

      Delete
  7. Such a fantastic pick Keertana, this definitely stands out from the crowd because of the cover alone, but also because of the unique premise! Thank you for bringing such a wonderful book to my attention! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jasprit! I'm so glad you're interested in this one as it has definitely caught my eye! I can't wait for its release! :D

      Delete
  8. I haven't heard of this but the cover really drew me in!

    Check out my pick! My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw this one today and I really liked what I read. The summary make it sound amazing and I would love to read it given the chance. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the summary sounds absolutely amazing too, so thanks for stopping by, Martina! :)

      Delete
  10. This is the first I've heard of Chantress, but it sounds so amazing! 2013 is going to be a great year for fantasy YA!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? Gosh, so many great titles releasing, so I'm really excited! :D

      Delete
  11. Oooooh, you're right Keertana, sounds amazing.

    *Goes to add to Goodreads this instance*

    AND, I saw the word England. YAY!

    I hope this fantasy is good because I'm really looking for an outstanding YA fantasy book at the moment. I haven't found a YA fantasy book or a YA book that I've been able to rate 5 stars in a while.

    Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia!(: I hope it's a good fantasy book too! Gosh, I have SO many Fantasy Recs for you, so I'll bombard your GoodReads Profile when I get the chance for sure! :D

      Delete
  12. Keertana, I do like fantasy too: Finnikin, Froi, Graceling, and Fire, so this sounds really good. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I didn't even know it existed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Rachel! I hope it's good and I think you'll really enjoy it, especially since you've enjoyed some truly spectacular fantasy in the past! :D

      Delete
  13. I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT! The cover alone is just so darn pretty and THE PLOT. ISLAND. SHIPWRECKED. SPELL-SINGER. MIND-READEING HUNTERS. SPIES. DANGER DANGER DANGER.

    Accio 2013!! *waves wand furiously*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww! I'm so excited!(: It looks amazing, doesn't it? Gosh, 2013 just needs to arrive already! ACCIO 2013! *waves wand furiously along with you* ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers and I read, reply, and appreciate every one of the comments I receive!(: If you're a fellow blogger, please leave a link to your blog - I'd love to drop by!

Unfortunately, this is now an award-free blog. I simply do not have the time to respond and forward on the award, but I truly appreciate the nomination regardless.